- The dose may be increased several times over a period of weeks to reach the right dose.
- You may need to be at the right dose for at least two to three weeks to start to feel better. It takes longer to see how much your feelings improve with the medicine over time. Stick with the medicine to see how well it works.
- If you are not sure if the medicine is working, it is best to speak to your doctor.
For More Information Please See:
- What happens when the medicine is gradually reduced and eventually stopped?
- How long should you keep taking the medicine?
- Side Effects
- Table of Early Side Effects of Common Medicines for Depression
- Cost of Medication
Download: Fact Sheets: Medication Treatments for Depression
Last Updated: March 12, 2013