How long does it take before therapy starts to work?
- Often people start to feel less depressed within the first few weeks of treatment.
- Many feel better once they know they are doing something to deal with their problem.
How long does therapy continue?
- The length of treatment depends on your situation, including the nature of your problems.
- Most people require eight to 20 sessions to reach their goals for treatment.
- Sessions are often weekly to start, then spread out more (for example, once every other week) to allow time between the sessions to work on the problem.
What to expect during counseling or therapy
What happens when counseling is completed?
What are the risks of therapy?
Who provides therapy or counseling?
How much does therapy or counseling cost?
Questions to ask when you are deciding on a counselor or therapist